In individual therapy, I help you get in touch with yourself. I teach you how you can help yourself. If you want changes in your life, you need to take steps which are sometimes painful. As the proverb goes, you can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
During this process, I will support you with my knowledge, my experience, and above all with my infinite trust in you.
You will learn how to use creative visualization. You will learn about various relaxation techniques to reduce stress and physical tension. After individual therapy, you will be able to replace pessimistic thoughts with more positive ones, and to be aware of and change your thoughts and emotions.
Individuals begin therapy due to various reasons such as:
- Low self-image
- Depression, negative self-talk, bitterness
- A lack of goals, occasional apathy, or dissatisfaction
- They come alone because their partner does not want to join
- Bad communication with others
- Recovering after separation, breakup or divorce
- Panic attacks (fear of driving, fear of closed spaces), various phobias and fears
- Postpartum depression (feelings of sadness and melancholy after giving birth, a feeling of being lost, doubts etc.)
- Obsessive rituals (obsessive-compulsive disorders, with symptoms such as frequent and lengthy washing of certain body parts, repetitive compulsive gestures, repetitive compulsive thoughts etc.)
- Poor anger management (suppression of anger, outbursts of anger)
- The need for guidance in goal setting, finding life purpose, decision-making (when changing jobs or vocation)
- Grieving the loss of a close person
- Conflicts with friends
- They grew up with dysfunctional parents and want to learn skills to improve their relationships with themselves and others
- They need support in processing various traumas stemming from their relationships or events in their childhood or later; frequent reliving these traumas when the body is in the state of high arousal causes permanent stress leading to cardiovascular diseases
- They are single and seek help with entering a new intimate relationship and avoiding bad relationships
- Relatives and intimate partners of addicts
- Parents of adult children: because of poor relationships, because their children are divorcing, because they are worried due to various reasons etc.
- Addictions such as chemical addiction to alcohol, marihuana, hard drugs, medications, and non-chemical addictions such as self-harming, addiction to dysfunctional relationships, work, sex, pornography etc.)
- Stress and problems related to life changes (changing places, divorce, bereavement and grieving, mobbing, retirement, promotion at work, losing one’s job, difficulties with finishing education, marriage, the birth of a child etc.)
With my help, in individual therapy you will:
- Improve your self-image
- Become happier and more satisfied
- Learn to manage your compulsive behaviors so that they will not inhibit your daily functioning
- Learn better communication skills
- Learn how to set boundaries within you and for others
- Improve your relationship with your adult children and their families
In individual therapy and in my therapeutic work in general, I try to help people with various methods of healing without medication. With some more severe mental problems, however, simultaneous medication treatment is necessary.